This soup contains ingredients that I always make sure to have on hand, in the event that I need to make a quick, last minute meal!
8 cups of water
3 tablespoons Miso paste
1 vegetable bouillon cubes
1/2 cup of Bulgur wheat
1/2 container of firm tofu, chopped into small pieces
1-2 cups Frozen veggies (For soup, I like the pea, carrot, corn, green bean, lima bean mix)
2 tablespoons of your favorite herb blend
1 dash of crushed red pepper
Throw in any other ingredients you have laying around!
The quick and easy steps:
- Put 8 cups of water in a pan
- Add 3 tablespoons of miso paste and 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- Toss in the bulgur wheat
- Bring to a boil, stir frequently so the miso and bouillon mix well with the water
- Toss in a couple tablespoons of your favorite dried herb blend. I like to use herbes de provence or catanzaro herb blend from the Savory Spice Shop in Austin. If you want to make it a little spicy, toss in some crushed red pepper
- Turn heat down to a simmer
- Add the tofu and frozen veggies.
- Simmer for a few minutes, and it's done!
Quick and easy dinner in 15 minutes! Plus, I always have leftovers for lunch the next day. Enjoy!